Dust-Free Concrete Tile Removal Service in Melbourne
Looking for a dust-free tile removal service in Melbourne? You have landed at the right place. We know how difficult and dusty tile removal can be if it isn’t done by professionals. Level Grind is the best dust-free tile removal service in Melbourne. We specialise in various floor removal services including:
What Is Dust-Free Tile Removal?
Dust-free tile removal refers to the dustless removal of tiles off the floor. Here, the contractors ensure the amount of dust and dirt mixed into the air is reduced. The new technology used by Level Grind has a vacuum attached to the tile removal machine that sucks all the dirt and contaminants before they get released into the air. One of the harmful particles released in the process is a cancer-causing agent, crystalline silica. Thanks to innovative machinery and experienced contractors, the job can be completed without harmful particles lingering around you.
How Do You Remove Ceramic Tile From a Concrete Slab?
Removing tiles from the concrete floor is not an easy task. Whether you have porcelain tiles or ceramic tiles, it takes a lot of effort to chisel out the tiles. It is best to trust an expert to remove the tiles without damaging the concrete.
There are certain tools and safety equipment that are required for tile removal:
- Safety glasses
- Dust mask
- Padded gloves
- Full-body-covering clothes
- Knee pads
How to remove tiles?
- Prepare the space by either removing furniture and artefacts that could get damaged in the process or covering them. Mark the area that needs to have the tile removed.
- The next step is to remove the tiles. It’s easier to start from a broken tile and work your way from there. Else, use a chisel between two tiles to scrap them. Don’t forget to clean the mess at the same time. You can use a machine or clean by hand. A jackhammer would make the work easy but there’s a high chance of damaging the concrete slab if you have limited to no experience using it.
- Once you have removed the tiles, you will notice glue residue and mortar are still stuck to the ground. Use a chisel again to scrape off the residue. If it is not thick enough to remove using a chisel, try using chemicals that dissolve the adhesive.
- Smoothing the surface is the final step before you install your new flooring. You need to even out the slab to prepare the floor. If you are planning to lay new tiles, you can use mortar, else use a grinding machine to smoothen the surface and further coat it and polish it.
Providing a Range of Concrete and Tile Removal Services in Melbourne
Level Grind provides a wide range of concrete and tile removal services in Melbourne and nearby areas. Whether it is porcelain, marble, vinyl, or any other type of tiles, we are the professionals for tile removal service in Melbourne.
Types of Tile Removal Services on Concrete Slabs
Ceramic tile removal requires proper safety measures as well as the right tools, like a hammer and chisel to loosen the tiles from the surface or a jackhammer. Depending on the type of tile to be removed, the techniques differ accordingly.
- Porcelain tile removal: This process is easier on plywood and cement board but can be difficult on concrete slabs. It requires a lot of hammering, prying, and cutting.
- Vinyl removal: A 5-in-1 scraper is required to remove vinyl off the floor, and a pry bar and hammer are required to chip the adhesive.
- Travertine tile removal: Travertine resembles limestone due to its soft and porous look. It has a mottled and pitted surface, and it requires force to remove the tile as the adhesive used to stick it is more robust.
- Granite tile removal: Granite is one of the hardest stone tiles on earth. The process of removing granite tiles is pretty much the same, stomping the tile to loosen it and removing it using a prybar.
- Marble tile removal: Once the marble gets cracked and shattered, it can be removed using a floor scraper from the top or a flat edge of the chisel to slide under the tiles and lift them away.
Level Grind is the one you need for professional tile removing service. To reach out to us, call us on 0418 315 889 or email us to get in touch with one of our experts.